1. The content and format of the Aeronautical Center Amateur
Radio Club, Inc. website will be approved by the website overview committee,
consisting of the elected officers of the club. The website will be managed
and maintained by the club's webmaster. The website overview committee will
appoint a capable club member to serve as webmaster and maintain the website.
The club's website will adhere to all club policies and procedures in accordance
with it's constitution and by-laws.
2. The webmaster will serve as an advisory member of the
website overview committee and will be responsible for all updates and additions
to the website once approved by the website overview committee. The webmaster
is responsible for matters concerning the website and its management, content,
resource usage, etc. The webmaster will not only serve in an advisory capacity
to the website overview committee but shall have a vote in the decisions
concerning the website, its management, and content.
3. Changes, modifications, or additions to the Website
will be submitted in writing to the website overview committee for review
and approval. The webmaster will consider factors such as content, applicability
and resource consumption before implementing those additions or changes.
4. Appropriate content includes, but is not limited to,
* Links to other related websites.
* Calendars and schedules of upcoming events such as training, conventions,
planning meetings, activities, etc.
5. The webmaster will review the target website for appropriate
content, as outlined below, before a link will be established. The website
overview committee members will be assigned the responsibility for monitoring
the club's website. Committee members will periodically a review the website
to insure continued compliance with applicable constitution and by-laws.
6. Before a website link will be approved for inclusion
on the club's website, it must meet the following criteria:
* The target website must abide by all laws regarding
copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property.
* No club member's personal information, e.g. address, phone number, etc.,
will be available on the club's website.
7. The Aeronautical Center Amateur Club's website provides
it's website and links to other applicable websites as a service to the
membership of the club and to the public. Inclusion of a link to other websites
do not constitute an endorsement by the Aeronautical Center Amateur Radio
Club, Inc. of that site or its programs over those of any other website.
The Aeronautical Center Amateur Radio Club, INc. Webmaster, through the
website overview committee, reserves the right to discontinue a any website
link, if such a link is deemed not to be in the best interest of the Aeronautical
Center Amateur Radio Club, Inc., it's Sponsor, or it's membership.
8. The qualifications to serve as the club's webmaster
shall encompass the following attributes:
* The appointee to Webmaster shall have more than a casual
interest in computers, the internet, and websites consisting of several
years of experience designing, managing, maintaining, and publishing websites.
* This experience may be gained through education, professional experience
in the computer industry, working with websites, ecommerce, etc.
* Or, experience as a hobbyist with the appropriate knowledge, skills, and
abilities, along with several years of experience.
9. The privacy of the membership of the Aeronautical Center Amateur Radio
Club, Inc. shall not be violated and will comply with all provisions of
the privacy act.
10. These Policies and Procedures may be amended, expanded
and otherwise changed from time to time by the website overview committee,
and ratified by a majority vote of the membership. It is the responsibility
of the club's membership to monitor any such changes and comply with the